North Wales on 14 - 15 January 2017
Advanced White Water Safety & RescueQuick info
Full course information
By the end of the course students should have covered the following?
- Recap core principals of the white water safety and rescue course and their application in grade 3 - 4 white water.
- Safe paddling techniques including protecting rapids.
- Managing people and equipment on difficult ground.
- Team structure in emergency situations.
- The following core skills and their application in a range of settings: Knots and anchors, generating and controlling loads on a rope and placing a rescuer in the current.
Here is a copy of the BCU syllabus that will be covered:
The end of the course Fluid Combinations will suggest a development plan to consolidate your new skills whilst continuing your development within the sport.
Throughout the course we are able to supply all specialist equipment, although we ask that you bring all your own personal paddling equipment and warm clothing. The course is bank, boat and water based and you will be expected to spend time in the water.